Darphane_i Amire

The first mint of the Ottoman Empires was opened here in 1727. It was expanded during the reign of Mahmut II and finally was moved in 1967. Valuable documents of the state such as passports and stock certificates are still printed here. This building includes courtyards, streets, the Roller Mill, and the Machine Shop. In the past gold minted here was carried with a rail system. Some rooms of the building are used for various exhibitions under the aegis of the History Association.

Adress: 
Topkapı Sarayı karsısı, Sultanahmet
No votes yet