Fountain of Ahmet III

 

This fountain was built in 1729 by the Grand Vizier Damat İbrahim Paşa upon the command of Sultan Ahmet III to acknowledge the public service of his mother Rabia Emetullah Gülnüş Sultan. The fountain, which was designed as a square, has four sides with oval corners. There are sharp arched niches on all sides and it is covered with a wide wooden roof. The side that faces the sea is richly decorated and the sultan's seal and inscription are there.

 

 

Adress: 
Topkapı Sarayı karsısı, Sultanahmet
No votes yet