Gulhane Park

This was one of the “Great Courtyards” of Topkapı Palace. The park included a wood and rose gardens. In 1839 Mustafa Reşit Paşa read the Imperial Edict of the Administrative Reforms here. It was turned into a park in 1912. The park used to include a zoo, but it lacked maintenance for some time and was moved. Gulhane Park is now one of the best kept parks on the European side of İstanbul.

 

Adress: 
Sultanahmet Gülhane Tramvay duragı
No votes yet