Hıdiv Pavilion

No votes yet

Hidiv Pavilion is located on the hills of the Cubuklu neighborhood in the Beykoz district on the Asian side. It was built in 1907 by the Italian architect Delfo Seminati as a residence for the Ottoman governor (Hidiv or Khedive) for Egypt, Abbas Hilmi Pasha. The mansion stands in a large park. At the main entrance there is a monumental fountain covered in stained glass which rises all the way to the roof. Several rooms and halls are connected to each other on a circle plan, and there is a large hall on the ground floor with a fireplace and two great bedrooms on the upper floors. The tower is the most popular section of the kiosk with its view over the Bosphorus, with access to the terrace on top by a lift or by stairs. The Hidiv Kiosk, not open to the public until 1980, has been restored twice and is now run by the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality with hotel, restaurant and cafeteria sections. It is open every day.

Adress: 
Çubuklu Korusu, Çubuklu Yolu No: 32 Beykoz
Telefon: 
(0216) 413 92 53