Tekfur Palace (Byzantian Governor Palace)

No votes yet

Visits are allowed by the permission of the Directorate of Hagias Sophia Museum.
Visits are allowed with permission of the Directorate of Hagia Sophia Museum. This palace was built adjacent to the Constaninople city walls between Edirnekapı and the Golden Horn and dates back to the 13th century.  It occupies an important place in world art history since it is the only Byzantine palace surviving today and reflects the civil architectural style of  Byzantium. Today, it has three floors but no roof. In 1453 after the Conquest, it was used for different purposes and recently restored between 1955 and 1970.

Adress: 
Şişhane Street Edirnekapı, Fatih
Telefon: 
Tel:(0212) 522 17 50